We believe that learning how to use Assistive Technology (A.T.) is a skill for life. Our one-to-one A.T. tutoring and ongoing advice and support is designed to build the confidence of every client. NeuroKnowHow tutoring allows you to learn and work more efficiently and effectively because it’s designed with you for your needs.
Five reasons to choose NeuroKnowHow A.T. Trainers
1. NKH A.T. Tutoring helps individuals become independent and confident.
2. Sessions are tailored to specific needs, focusing on individual learning style, including ESOL.
3. NKH tutors incorporate specialist support strategies into the A.T. tuition.
4. NKH tutors understand how effective A.T. can be but also know it’s limitations.
5. A specially created Learning Curriculum Inventory is used to inform each session. Session Learning Records are created and client feedback collected for quality assurance purposes. These can be used by the client themselves or interested parties with the appropriate permission.
Session content: What you can expect from your NeuroKnowHow sessions.
First Session: An in-depth discussion to establish the learner’s current level of computer skills, learning and course/workplace needs. NKH expertise is offered to help clarify and prioritise the learning requirements. Learning methods are identified to make the best use of the A.T. equipment and software.
- Introducing software
- Showing how software can be applied to studying and employment tasks
- Providing multi-sensory techniques to find the learning method that best suits the client
- Incorporating referencing and note-taking strategies, using open source referencing and bibliography software
- Revision strategies using A.T. and other software, websites and hardware
- Personalised “VideoCaptureNotes” are created for each session and stored on the clients machine to review when necessary
The aim in each session is for a proficiency that enables you to demonstrate how specific equipment works to the tutor. Feedback is encouraged so that future sessions can be adapted to your learning needs.
What do others say about our A.T. tutoring?
Clients have described NKH sessions as stimulating and above all useful. NKH tutors are particularly valued because they know their subject from the inside as well as from external learning. Testimonials from clients can be read here.
You want to know more about NeuroKnowHow?
If you are interested in Assistive Technology Tutoring, please send us a message.